Doodly Review: Whiteboard Animation Software
Doodly Review – Do you need to create a video but don't have any design skills?
Doodly is the first and only whiteboard animation software that allows anyone, regardless of technical or design skills to create professional, realistic whiteboard videos in minutes. Our technology makes it easy for everyone to use our simple tools and templates to make engaging presentations.
Doodly is a new whiteboard animation software that simplifies the process of creating animated videos. Unlike other programs, Doodly allows you to easily create animations with simple drag and drop features. This makes it easy for beginners as well as those who are more experienced in video editing to create professional-looking videos without needing any expertise or a time-consuming setup. The program is free to download and use for those who want to make videos. The upgrade to Doodly Pro allows users to unlock additional features such as the ability to add your own music, effects and more.
1. What is whiteboard animation software and how does it work?
It creates the effect that hand-drawn objects are moving or making noise. The animator will draw on a virtual board (or piece of paper) and then the words, shapes and illustrations will magically come alive with movement and sound.
Although the effect is similar to that of stop motion animation (which is actually how I created my first whiteboard animation video), the difference is that whiteboard animation does not require you to take a picture of each frame. Instead, the software will automatically create the video file using vector data. If you are familiar with Adobe Flash then it's basically the same thing.
2. What are some advantages of using whiteboard animation software?
One of the biggest advantages is that it is very easy to use even for beginners. You don't need any training on how to draw on a computer because everything is done with your mouse or touchpad (you can also use a digital tablet). All you have to do is do some basic editing and make sure the timing of the animation is right.
Another advantage (maybe not for beginners) is that you can add and edit videos directly into your animation, just like how it's done in After Effects or Final Cut Pro. This allows you to create something that has never been done before – such as puppets on a string, or people popping out of nowhere.
3. What software or app do you use to make your animations?
Depending on what animation is created, a variety of software can be used. A common tool is Adobe After Effects, but some come from Cinema 4D and others use Maya.
But, the easiest software is using doodly, doodly is the best because it has everything you could ever want to animate from beginner to expert, it also has an excellent sound editor for adding your own voice over.
Doodly is a simple but innovative new software that lets teachers share animations in the classroom. With Doodly, an educator who knows how to draw stick figures can animate their voice by doodling on their whiteboard while talking. The teacher will turn heads and get more engaged students with this revolutionary technology.
Featuring all your favourite characters from My Little Pony to Star Wars, there are always animated graphics ready for you. Keep them coming with our monthly subscription-submitting as many images as you want for one affordable price!
4. Doodly Review – How do you get started?
Doodly is more than just a drawing app. Doodly helps you to learn how to think creatively, and of course, it's good for helping us share what we create with others!
How do you get started? Choose some gallery drawings then colour them in, or go freestyle with a blank sketchpad. You can use the colouring brush tool or finger paints too! When you're done, save your work onto the gallery board and invite friends to ‘follow' your channel with a quick tap.
Just connect Doodly to people on Google+ and Facebook by logging in – easy as that! And if you can't find an artist whose drawings really speak to you at the moment, set off on a journey of discovery by following other users.
A channel allows you to curate drawings from all over the world, while a board is where you can collect your own drawings together in one place! You can have as many boards as you want, but only one channel.
5. Doodly Review – Things to consider when choosing a whiteboard animation software?
Choose whiteboard software carefully, as many have limitations. Consider the following before making a purchase:
Which features are available?
How easy is it?
What is your budget?
How intuitive is the user interface, and which format will be easiest to use within your content marketing plan?
Whether you're a start-up looking for your first whiteboard animation, or an agency that wants to add whiteboard videos to their client offering, here are some of the features you need to consider before buying software :
- Visual Compatibility
When creating a whiteboard video from scratch, you'll have visual assets such as drawings and sketches that can be imported into a program. Make sure your whiteboard software supports this file type. Some typical file types include: EPS, PNG, JPG/JPEG or GIF. If you already have a library of assets created in other programs, check which files these are saved in and make sure they will work with your new animation software.
- Video Resolution
Whiteboard videos are often shown on full screen, so you'll want to make sure your whiteboard animation software can achieve HD resolution. If you're using YouTube as the place to host the video, then 720p is a good starting point.
When animating a whiteboard video, it's important that each frame has the correct timing sequence. Some programs allow you to edit this once they are created, whereas others will require you to create them in time-synchronised intervals. The more flexible your program, the easier it will be for different stakeholders within your business to collaborate on content creation.
One of the best things about whiteboard software is that there is no limit on how you can use it. While some programs will give you predefined themes that may be useful to get started with, there is no reason why you can't take your whiteboard video in a completely different direction. Whether it's adding your brand colours for an explainer video or even creating custom characters specifically for your company, this is one of the best aspects of using whiteboard animation – unlimited possibilities!
Many of the most popular videos on YouTube have featured their own soundtrack. In fact, some studies have suggested that including a musical element to your whiteboard animation can help to boost its impact and engagement. Some programs allow users to upload their own music from external sources such as Garageband or iTunes, whereas others will only allow the use of songs that are already on their server.
- Number of Drawings
The more drawings you have in your whiteboard animation, the longer it will be. This is both good and bad – you may want to avoid “wallpaper” videos, but if you want to create a video which really explains complex concepts then having lots of individual images can go a long way. The best advice is to consider whether your viewers will need hand-holding throughout your video or whether they'll be OK scrolling through lots of detail.
- Export Options
Whiteboard animation software allows you to export your content into different formats, some better suited depending on what you are using them for. If publishing on YouTube, for example, most programs can export your video as an MP4 file. This will ensure it maintains the best quality when uploaded online. If you are using whiteboard animation for PowerPoint presentations or to create assets for print, then exporting in a different format might be more suitable.
- Number of Characters
Some programs allow users to bring multiple characters into their videos, uploading each character at specific points within the sequence. Whilst this is really useful for marketers who have bespoke characters that match their brand, it should be noted that these take up space on your hard drive and may slow down the process of creating your whiteboard animation. Make sure you consider this before making a purchase.
Depending on how much you need to do, whiteboard animation software can be a relatively inexpensive asset to your business. There are many different options at different price points, so it's important that you think about what your needs are and whether they will be fulfilled by more basic forms of the software.
- Technical Support
When making an investment into any piece of technology, it's always good to know there is some backup should something go wrong. Most programs offer technical support via email or telephone and it's worth checking out their response time and customer reviews before you buy. This may not necessarily affect your decision, but if there were unforeseen problems down the line then it's reassuring to know somebody is on hand with some ready advice!.
6. Doodly Review – Demo
7. Why Should I Use doodly?
- Video Creation: The Doodly interface allows marketers to import their videos, photos and audio from a variety of different sources including Facebook, Google Drive, Google Photos and Dropbox. Marketers can also upload images directly through the Doodly app or draw on the screen with a doodle pen tool. Video length varies depending on tier – for Pro level users, it's unlimited minutes whereas you have 40 minutes maximum video time at Starter level. Additionally, users can no click publish their video straight from inside the Doodly platform using any available publishing channels such as YouTube or Vimeo or download your project file for editing elsewhere if needed.
- Video Templates: For marketers who need pre-existing video templates to work with, they can download Doodly’s template library which includes videos like explainers or tutorials for marketing purposes. These templates are designed by the team behind Doodly and are available at no charge; however, it does require you to email their team to gain access.
- Customization: Marketers have the option of customizing their doodles created in Doodly by adding text, changing background images or even swapping out artwork altogether. They also provide a library of premade options that users can choose from as well if none of those fits your needs. Users may need assistance from the Doodly support team if necessary but they note this usually can be done within 24 hours.
- Video Analytics: Doodly offers a variety of analytics features in the platform to monitor your video's performance and audience engagement in real-time. For example, users can see how many views their videos have gotten in the last 30 days along with top pages they have been shared on and top countries where viewers are located.
- Mobile Optimization: Unlike other platforms, Doodly does not offer mobile optimization which means that if you're trying to create a video for mobile devices then this may not be the right choice. Doodly recommends using another software if targeting a mobile audience since their product is only compatible with regular desktop browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari. However, they do offer responsive templates for marketers who are simply looking to create basic videos quickly and want to share them online.
- Exporting: If you need your video files exported out of the Doodly platform, then Pro or Premium users only have the option to download their final project file as an MP4 file. However, they can also upload it directly into YouTube with just one click if needed.
- Customer Support: Doodly offers email support for all customers but Premium level has priority access at no extra cost. They note that response times average 1-2 days depending on what time of day you contact them. Doodly also has a blog section where you can learn more about their product and add support articles through your profile.
- Integrations: Doodly does not offer direct integrations with third-party software unless you upgrade to Pro or Premium tiers; However, they do recommend using YouTube for hosting content and Vimeo for shorter videos (up to 2 minutes length).
- Interface: Doodly's interface is really easy to use, which should help you get started with creating videos quickly. The main menu bar is placed along the top of the screen and includes an array of different functions. You can use these buttons to import images or videos, change background colours, insert text, record audio and more.
8. Doodly Review – Pricing
Doodly pricing for The Standard level, it costs $20 per month (annual) with 1164 Character images, 1620 Prop images, 150 Royalty-Free Music Tracks, 20 Video Templates.
Alternatively, if you need more characters/props, then the Enterprise level for $40 per month (annual).
9. Doodly Review – FAQ
- Is Doodly capable of producing Blackboard videos?
YES! Doodly is the first and only doodle video software that can generate both captivating, realistic whiteboard videos and blackboard videos! PLUS, the process is extremely simple – simply click a few buttons and the whiteboard is instantly converted to a blackboard!
- Can this be used on both a PC and a Mac?
YES! Doodly is compatible with both Mac and PC 32bit and 64bit operating systems. Windows 7 or higher is required for PCs, and Mac OSX 10.10 or higher is required for Macs.
- Do I own the work that I produce?
Yes, for their purposes, the user owns the work product and content generated by our software. they retain ownership of the software as well as the images, sounds, and other creative elements that we provide you for use in conjunction with the software. As between you and us, the works you create with these elements and our software are yours. We do not resell, distribute, or commercialize your work. The user is responsible for ensuring that the user has all necessary rights to the content that he or she creates or adds to the work product and that the user's work does not infringe on the rights of third parties.
- Is there anything users to download?
Doodly is a powerful desktop application that you can install on your computer. You can download the Windows 32 or 64-bit version, as well as the Mac version, after purchasing. It DOES necessitate an Internet connection because it retrieves images from the internet as well as your saved projects from the cloud.
- Doodly generates what kinds of files?
Doodly makes it simple to create standard.mp4 video files that can be easily uploaded to video sites such as YouTube.
- Is Doodly provide detailed instructions?
YES! they have step-by-step videos that will walk you through everything from creating a video to adding images and even exporting!
- And there is no risk in ordering?
YES! they ask that you refrain from purchasing if you are unsure about what Doodly does or how it will benefit you. However, if you decide that Doodly is not for you after 30 days, simply send us your receipt and we will issue a prompt and courteous refund. Unfortunately, you will then lose access to Doodly.
- What about new releases? How exactly does that work?
Because the software is a hybrid Web + Desktop app, we automatically push updates to your computer. When an update is available, you will be notified to update your software.
10. Doodly Review – Conclusion
A must-have app for creating whiteboard animation videos! You can now easily produce high-quality videos with just a few clicks without having an expensive studio or hiring expensive designers. they’ve made it so easy that even your grandmother could do it! And best of all, they offer a 30 days money-back guarantee, so you can see how powerful our software really is without concern about losing money.
Thanks for reading Doodly Review
A must-have app for creating whiteboard animation videos! You can now easily produce high-quality videos with just a few clicks without having an expensive studio or hiring expensive designers.
- Simple, easy-to-use interface.
- Dozens of scene transitions, characters and props available.
- Can be accessed anywhere
- Easy to customize and edit videos.
- Professional high quality videos.
- Ability to add multiple audio files, fonts and other PNG, JPEG files.
- A powerful editor for creating videos.
- Slow rendering of videos.
- You cannot edit individual items such as characters or props.
Easy To Use